The topic of this class is (Introduction to Corporate Worship )and the question should be in a ESSAY format. The answers can be found in these books.
· Costen, Melva Wilson. African American Christian Worship, update Duck, Ruth C. Worship for the Whole People of God. Hawn, Michael. One Bread, One Body. Exploring Cultural Diversity in Worship Long, Tom. Beyond Worship Wars.
· Stone, Howard W. & James O. Duke How to Think Theologically 3nd Edition.
· White, James F. The Sacraments in Protestant Practice and Faith
1.Discuss the development of preaching from the early church through the 20th century
2.Discuss the keys concepts in part 1 of One Bread, One Body: Exploring Cultural Diversity in Worship.
3.Discuss the developments in baptism from the Medieval period through the Reformation, focusing on the
relation of baptism to faith, mode of baptism, time and place of baptism and process of initiation.
4. Discuss the influence of the Reformers in the 7 theological meanings of the Eucharist as described in the work of James White. Be specific in naming the Reformers.
5. According to Ruth Duck, what are the theological emphases for understanding worship? Use 1 of these emphases to discuss one of the following chapters from her text: Planning and Leading Worship The Arts of WorshipLiturgies of Healing and Reconciliation